Wednesday, May 2, 2007

In Quietness and Stillness

Reading some of the journals that I wrote…thought that this might encourage those to learn to be still before God and in quietness to wait upon Him....

In Quietness and Stillness…

Each day, my heart is still before You, Lord…seeking after You, and enjoying Your sweet presence in my life.
In the quietness my heart waits, and expect…that You, Oh Lord somehow will speak and gently touch me.

Trying to come near You….
But how far have I’ve gone? Or do I even move?
Move closer to Your presence…where Your glory dwells and grace abounds

Teach me how to walk, how to take each step, to follow Your footsteps…
And find You in every way..
Lord, open my eyes, my ears and my heart…to feel You, and to understand Your will for my life.

How fragile is my life, how weak is my heart, how easy I fall…
How to live this life….without falling or breaking?
To stand tall in the midst of life’s storm?

So I look to You…reaching You..finding You..
And now I know…
You’re the Strong Tower when my life crumbles..
My strength when my heart breaks and torn apart..
Sustainer of my life, The Lifter of my soul

I adore You always, and praise You all of my days
I have nothing if I don’t have You..
My life is what I have now with You…Forever until eternity..my home is where You are.


Psalm 46:10
“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be
exalted in the earth.”

No comments: