Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Mum

Mother’s Day!! In my family, we don’t normally celebrate those special days. Hmm..but as I reflect about my mom, well just thought of sharing how mothers are gifts from God and even with their imperfections, they have taught and demonstrate God’s love upon our lives.

When I was much younger, I never really understood a mother’s love for her children, and I take it for granted a lot of times. But as I grew older and came to know Christ, as I begin to know the meaning of what love is, I begin to appreciate her more, for who she is and what she has done for all of us.
It’s amazing!! Considering that she has 6 children, me being the 5th, I consider myself very lucky. Having sisters and brothers around who supported me, such a big blessings! That’s probably why I’d love to have many kids next time!

I can say that I’m my mum’s favourite daughter…hehe….yupp! My younger sister even confirmed that! Everything that I want, she’ll give it to me…when I asked for some cash, she never questioned a lot, she trusted me a lot, and I could feel that she’s really proud of me. So I’ve always wanted to make her happy, to put a smile on her face.

When I looked at my parents’ wedding picture, wow…always feel proud of them! My mum has that simplistic beauty on her, and my dad has a fine good looking appearance (I’m really saying the truth here…).
She told me once why she chose my dad…hehe….cos one thing about my dad, couldn’t see any romantic dna at all in him…hahaha…and she said that there is something in my dad that she could see. She sees that my dad would be a good father who would take care of the family well. And she was absolutely right!! My dad would do whatever it takes to protect and provide for us. A man with few words, but has a sacrificial heart.

What I can really see from my mum is her sacrificial heart and faithfulness, putting the family above herself. The fact that she has a really soft and sensitive heart, and with a lot of the family struggles that we have, I believe she really felt it and it overwhelmed me thinking how much does she needs to bear emotionally. She could have just chose to walk away and leave everything behind, pursuing her own desires…but, she didn’t! Thank God! It is there I began to see her inner strength emerged, out of her frailty there is great strength. Something that I learn and took in for myself, the beauty of her heart. I could never thank God enough for her in my life.

My mom…
She chose to give
She chose to serve
She chose to smile
She chose to embrace
She chose to love
She chose to let go
She chose to stay
She chose us
She chose everything, but herself…

3 comments:

chosenfriend said...

Dear De2,

Now, you've told me this story many times, and each time I can testify of how God has really blessed you.

You are an inspiration, a woman standing next to God, a friend for eternity.

Keep posting, your words are like honey to the soul.

Love in Christ,
Ko2 MH.

Su Kian said...

Dear Ko2...

You've been such a great blessing in my life...and angel in my life..
Thank you for who you are in Him.

Believe that He has a great destiny and favor upon your life, may you richly blessed and be a blessing to His kingdom.
Not to mention how you've been blessing His "princess"..hehe..

In Him,
De2 SK

Anonymous said...

Think about making your own life without a god. This is not meant as a piece of advice but a choice.