Monday, June 4, 2007

A Single Seed


Over the weekend, was having our Joseph Care Group retreat down at Gold Coast. Very refreshing time and thought that I’d share what God has spoken during that time…..

(John 12:24)
“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.”


During the 1st night, was reading this verse, and I knew that God intended me to read it. As I began to ask God to reveal to me what He wanted to say, then felt that He was referring me, and every single child of God like that seed. We are meant to bear fruit, and we need to be planted in His field, which is the church, and there could be no other way. We need first to choose to fully commit ourselves to Him, and choose his will above everything.

Apart from that, He spoke to me something else that answer my situation where I felt unrest in my heart…He shows that it’s like a plant that’s growing…sometimes He brings a dry season in my life…so that I will stretch out my roots even more…reaching deeper into the Source of the Living Water. It’s a choice that I need to make, whether I want to remain the same, or to press on until I reach that Living Water. And I realise that He brings challenges and different seasons in my life, for one single purpose…to draw me to Himself.

Well, I see it pretty simple…whatever things that we do, decisions that we make, if that results in drawing ourselves closer to God and His purposes for our lives, you then have made the right move! Even if you don’t, the grace is God is always able to bring you back again as you ask of Him.

No comments: