Monday, June 18, 2007

Never Runs Dry

I believe the Lord is calling me to go deeper in my committment to Him. At first, felt a bit afraid that somehow I won't be able to cope with it or it will change some things in my life at the moment...I guess I realised that my humanly nature rises, and tries to throw in as many reasons of not to do it.

In confusion, I asked the Lord to pesonally speak to me if it's really His will, and I needed Him to put that assurance in my heart. During the time just enjoying His presence, suddenly the passage about the widow and Elijah in 1 Kings 17 came into my mind...
And felt the Holy Spirit speaks into my heart...As I decided to give ou myself, to committ and surrender my life to the Lord, as He has asked me to, He promised that like the widow who gave what she had, in obedience to the voice of God, that the Lord will cause my life to never runs dry..never runs out..
He promised His endless supply of strength, power and grace upon my life...when I choose to give out my life for His purpose.

" The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day of the Lord gives rain on the land.."(1 Kings 17:14)

I took His promise into my heart, and I choose to obey....I said, "Yes, Lord...here am I.."

I realise that God always has His ways to speak to us..in His perfect timing...for His perfect will...
I guess the question will be, " What is your respond?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.