Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hot Spot!

Went to Yuen's to get 10kg of rice for a friend...and need to rush off to another meeting back in Toowong. Parked my car right in front of the Vietnamese bakery, and a thought came to me, well...maybe I should buy some bread?I reasoned that I can serve the people with that...cos I hardly buy things from that bakery.

A lady came out and served me, as my hand reached to pick up the buns, she saw something on my wrist...and asked me if I am a follower of Dalai Lama???huh???haha...and I just explained that it's nothing special, bought it cos I like the butterfly thingy dangling..(love everything with butterflies...). And I told her that I'm a follower of Jesus, a Christian...and there we started chatted about our beliefs, and shared with her how I used to be a Buddhist. Apparently she follows Dalai Lama teaching.

Went back to my car...and was thanking God for giving me the chance to share, eventhough unexpected..but I realised that oh mannn!!! God is really convicting me about sharing the gospel of Christ, in anyway possible. I felt that drives and passion that I've never felt before..
And when He puts me in a "hot spot" - there I have a choice - What am I doing with the gospel in my hand?

I developed a motto for myself :

"Whatever it takes!" for the kingdom of God - this helped me a lot in times where I dont feel like going the extra mile, or when my selfishness and ego arise within me.
I just tell myself..."Whatever it takes, Su Kian!!"Do it for Christ' sake!"

And another one is:

"Just Do It!" for the kingdom of God - especially when I hestitate, and try to reason and justify myself not to have to do certain things. Quickly I'll tell myself again.."Just do it, Su Kian!!For Christ' sake!!"

They really works!!!hahaha...and God really fills my heart with joy - it became my strength.
Nothing of my own....

So when God puts you in a "hot spot" - what would you do?

No comments: