Monday, April 30, 2007

Why Do I Love Him?

Because of His great love that has touched my heart, and that causes me to love Him back.
He is the One who showed me the way…giving me the meaning and purpose of living...
Who rescued me and sustain my life..
Who provide all my needs…
Who delivered me from the evil one…
Who heals me and brings restoration into my life…
Who strengthens and comfort me…
Who gives me peace….
Who shows me what is right and what is wrong…
Who gives me wisdom and understanding..
Who gives me the courage and takes away my fear…
Who encourages me and always cheer me up!
Who makes me feel safe and secure…
Who makes me feel accepted just the way I am…
Who forgives my sins and gives me a 2nd chance, 3rd chance…even 5th chance, until I get it right!!!
Who always stand by 24/7….and gave me His words that He’ll never leave me nor forsake me…
Who truly convinced me that there’s always hope, and gave me His words that this hope in Him will not fail…
Who showed me what love means….through His son Jesus Christ…
Who adopted me as His own, so that I can be called His child…

I can never understand, the depth of God’s love…
Why He chose me and called me, even sacrificed His only beloved Son for me…
For me…..
Me…who has a sinful nature, selfish desire, and weaknesses…
And how I wish I can change them or get rid of them out of my life...
But again and again, there’s always mistakes that I make, and how I fail to please Him..
At times, it seems that I will never be good enough…and nothing that I see in me that can deserve His love…

When my soul is downcast, I heard a gentle whisper, a whisper that calms the storms in my heart….a gentle voice saying…
“My child, I love you with an everlasting love….and My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in your weaknesses.”

Now I know that …
When the world around me started to crumble…
When no one really understand…
When I’m feeling broken and shattered…
I will look up…
I will look to His love…
I will look to His mercy and grace…
I will look to that hope that is in Him…
I will look into His eyes…that is ever on me…ever looking at me…
And I will say to Him….that He is my all in all…


by Su Kian, 26th March 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Su, my name is Daniel; I'm a child of the King as well. I was looking on the Internet, considering my love for the Lord, when I came across your beautiful poem. It blessed my heart...thank you. May the Lord bless you in every way for His own glory. Press forward, the Lord is with you.