Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Why are you downcast O my soul?

Yesterday felt very discouraged…. But I choose to obey..to submit…do it His way.
First thing I did? I cried…hehe..yeah…thank God it was after working time…
It’s the very natural thing that I do everytime something emotional happened….thanks to my mom who inherited this sensitiveness and softness…how I wish I am a tough girl who don’t cry!!! But I’m not…
And I cried out to God to give me His peace…kept praying…and even trying to read the scriptures from Psalm 42 again and again…
“Why are you downcast O my soul…
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God…for I will yet praise Him…
My God and my Saviour…”

In the evening…in His presence, I broke down in tears again…really bad!hehe…eyes were swollen with triple eye lid…kept praying…and asking His peace again..

And I heard His words to me, “What you just did is an obedience to me….and I require obedience better than sacrifice or your offerings..”
Wow..that words filled me with His peace, and I begin to see, that I was deceived and arrogant in what happened. Humbled by His mercy, I asked Him to take the lead in my life, felt like someone who cant tell her right from her left hand, can’t tell which is wrong and right. I remembered His words saying that, in our eyes things seems to be right, but it actually leads to sin/death…only God who has the true discernment.

His revelation brings freedom into my spirit, and it releases peace that guards my heart and mind. Amazing what the truth of God can do in our lives!!

Now I understand what king David meant when he said that verse…how that applies to my own life…situations may happen, and it may bring discouragement, and I may be broken, and I may cry badly over something…in all of that, it was that moment when I forget to look to God…when my soul is down, dwelling in discouragement or problems, I need to say to myself, hey…why am I downcast O my soul? look to God for solution…entrust Him my situations…and as I do that, He comes and fills me with peace and joy. Knowing that I am being held, in His hands, the hands that holds this universe together! When I look to Him who is bigger than the universe, it makes my problems small. Dunno how He does it but He did something in my heart, that I know it’s not by my own effort.

In everything, always fixed our eyes upon Jesus…
What do you see in your situation? Can you see Him there?

No comments: