Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Walk to Remember

Sunday without the usual church service, felt like it was a Saturday, caught up with some friends, had a BBQ in the afternoon....and an emotional outburst in someone's car (hehe..sorry :p).

It's funny how sometimes I feel that I'm a very strong person, but at other time I feel that I'm so fragile and tender. Do I choose to be like that or it's a just a fact that God had made me that way?anyway, I believe can use these in my life for His purpose.

Late in the afternoon, I took a walk along the river...really recommended when you have a lot of things in your mind, and just want to find a peaceful place to talk to God. Last time when still staying at Southside, I'd jump into the swimming pool, especially when I'm tired.

Couldnt find the words to express how I felt and what God spoke to me..but this is the best that I can try...pray that it can somehow encourage you, my friends(and not so-friends) to continue to look to Him, to hope, and to believe..

Walking down the road
On one late afternoon
Noticed the skies, painted in blue
Fading its colours, as the sun returned to its home

There I was speechless
Confused...afraid...
Not knowing which step to take
My heart cries out, for You to shine Your light once more

Have I forgotten the way?
That leads me back to where Your heart is
Have I failed to understand?
Your purpose and plan for my life

As I reach out my hand to You
Lead me, Lord...each step of the way
In this journey called surrender
Where loneliness waits on every turn

Let me not forget to look to You
That I may put my trust in You
Fill me with hope, embrace me in Your love
And my heart will worship You alone

There in the silence
Gazing at the evening skies
I look at the moon and the stars
Shining bright as it colours the night

You opened my eyes
And all I could see
Is Your faithfulness O Lord
Surrounding me in every season's change

You opened my ears
To hear a song of praise
That arise within my heart
And I'll delight in Your ways again

(Psalm 25:10 "All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of His covenant")

1 comment:

Joel Tay said...

Hi Su Kian. Found you blog after blog hopping blogs of those from Hope Brisbane.